A complete canine behavior training program in a shelter environment.
Robert Cabral will be scheduling Shelter Training Programs through his site.
The COMPLETE Bound Angels University Program is now available ONLINE via Shelter Dog Training
This is a 25 HOUR Course including Lectures, Hands on Demonstrations & Instruction, Manual and Quizzes. The Course includes all of the materials from the Bound Angels University Program and participants get a Certificate of Completion.
Including: 60+ Classroom Lectures 80+ Dog Training Demo and Instruction videos 76 page manual The BEST DOG TRAINING Course available for anyone who wants to be a dog trainer or work with dogs. If you love dogs, work as a dog trainer, want to be a dog trainer, work in an SPCA, Humane Society or rescue. This course is for you. www.shelterdogtraining.com
The Bound Angels University is held at, and in cooperation with,
LA Animal Services.
The following programs will be held at the West LAAS Animal Shelter 11361 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064
Bound Angels University curriculum is based on our experience implementing life-saving programs in large municipal shelters as well as small humane societies. Training includes theory based/ classroom instruction, as well as hands-on dog handling & training.
Behavioral issues facing shelter dogs are addressed including desensitizing fearful dogs, handling dominant dogs, basic to intermediate dog-handling skills including safely removing dogs from kennels, handling dogs in a shelter setting, understanding the difference in the various pet training methods available.
Our training also includes hands on behavior training of shelter dogs to increase adoptability.
The key focus of the program is to better understand and evaluate canine behavior in a shelter environment, understand and apply behavior modification and how to use this knowledge to save more lives.
The Bound Angels University is a monthly program, 2 days in duration and hosts participants from up to 5 shelters locally and nationwide.
Shelters are selected by criteria including their core mission to save more lives, LRR, demographics as well as an application process. Selected shelters are invited to participate in training at little or no cost to their shelter. This is a scholarship-based program, all materials and training is supplied by Bound Angels to those who qualify.
Bound Angels University Version 2.0 Breakdown *:
We’ve modified our program to include more life-saving skills to get dogs out of shelters and keep them out!
Our mission is still the same, but we’ve added more shelter dog handling skills that people have asked for! If there’s one thing we’ve learned: Find what works and move forward with it!
Our new Bound Angels University format includes:
- Two day intensive 8+ hour days.
- Each day includes dog handling and lecture.
- Engagement training to build life-saving skills that get dogs ready for adoption.
- Canine behavior 101.
- Reading temperaments, behaviors and drives.
- Safely leashing & handling dogs in and out of their kennels.
- Introducing dogs to other dogs (on-leash and off).
- Understanding canine behavior in a shelter environment.
- Reading canine body language.
- Understanding the needs of various breeds, drives, temperaments – and how best to help each dog find their forever home.
- Deciding which dog may be best for which homes.
- The basics of Canine Good Citizen – The Canine Good Citizen is a test that looks for dogs to be ambassadors of their breed. They’re asked to accept strangers, handling and other dogs. If a dog can pass this test, they may be issued a certificate by the AKC. It’s our goal to introduce these techniques to the shelter dogs in our training. THIS is the primary focus of BAU V2.0
*Curriculum may be changed / modified at the discretion of Bound Angels.